Train, retrain or upskill at no cost
Fee Free training means you can gain the skills you need for jobs of the future at no financial cost to you.
12,500 free training courses
This year, the Australian and South Australian Governments provided access to 12,500 Fee Free training opportunities in a range of courses to give you in-demand skills.
Run through TAFE SA and various private training providers, limited Fee Free TAFE and vocational education opportunities are still available for eligible learners enrolling in and commencing a new course in 2023.
Gain valuable skills
Fee free training courses can give you the current skills employers are looking for. You'll be giving your career a competitive edge.
The cost of your chosen course will remain free for its duration.
Our investment in your education is an investment in the future of South Australia.
How’s this possible?
We want to give you the best possible support to gain the right skills to work in growing and in-demand areas to see South Australia thrive.
It’s all part of the Fee Free TAFE and vocational education joint initiative of the Australian and South Australian Governments
All about Fee Free training
Fee Free training includes foundation skills courses across in-demand areas including:
- Care industries such as aged and disability care, health care and childcare
- Technology and digital
- Hospitality and tourism
- Defence and manufacturing
- Creative Industries
Places are limited, but you might be eligible for a Fee Free place if you are:
- 16 years or over and not enrolled at school
- Living or working in South Australia AND
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent Australian resident, or an eligible VISA holder.
Places on courses are given with priority to:
- First Nations people
- Members of the LGBTIQ+ community
- Young people (17-24) who are not at school
- People out of work or receiving income support
- Unpaid carers
- Women facing economic insecurity
- Women undertaking study in non-traditional fields
- People living with disability
- People who are eligible for certain visa sub classes.